Thursday, March 15, 2018

Can we relate?



Title:The Hate U Give
Genre: Young Adult
Author:Angie Thomas
   This is not your typical teenage story. You know where girls find there true love in age 15. The is about a teenager name Starr. She lives in a neighborhood were you know this where all the criminals are. But as she attends school she has to act like she has money and lie about her family and her friends from the hood as she so describes it. She sometimes feel likes she does not belong at all in both world. Like in Hannah Montana so times she felt like she acting more like Hannah than Miley. As she has to deal with that Starr's best friend is shot and killed. To me the idea of this book is about a girl who is trying to find where she belongs.
   In the book Starr's mother had told her that:
Sometimes you can do everything Right and things will still go wrong the key is never stop doing right”

This quote just remind me of how we you plan a party and you have everything down but then everything blows up in your faces but that is life telling you to never give up.
On March 14th,2018 there school walk-out to end gun violence. To stand for the 17 people. But during the book many schools also walking out for Khalid as Starr's best friend was killed. All schools participated even Starr's school. Here is the thing he was not armed yet the police supposedly thought he was armed.
My question was “Why didn’t you arrest him instead of shooting” 

The Hate U Give Little I
I wish I can say everything because every little detail in the book was making me go wow ever minutes. Every time I read I wanted to tell my family every single detail about the book. In the book the whole book is like my favorite part. But if I had to choose it would be when Starr’s dad and her have a moment together talking about what did Tupac tattoo mean. 




No comments:

Post a Comment